Fun Facts About Leopard Geckos
- Leopard Geckos are one of the favourite pet lizards! The Leopard Gecko is a firm favourite pet in the UK, they don’t need as much space as a Bearded Dragon are still full of character and after bonding with them easy to handle.
- They eat their shedded skin! – This is one of their numerous defence mechanisms; eating their dead skin removes scent markers for their predators to track them with, allowing the gecko to keep safe in the wild.
- Unlike most geckos Leopard geckos have eyelids, allowing them to blink and sleep with their eyes closed.
- They have a life-saving tail! Not only does it detach to allow the gecko to escape if caught by a predator but it’s also a fat store ready to support the Leopard Gecko when food is scarce.
- Leopard Geckos will often shake their tails when hunting, mating and defending their territory.
Want to find out more? Pop in-store and speak to our Reptile specialists on everything Leopard Gecko.